View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Lost Songs - 2009/10 - Best Versions? 

I'm currently deciding on buying a few live shows from 2009-10 to catch up on the 'Lost Songs' from last couple of years and would like to know which live show to get for a best version of Whisper of Whispers. I notice that the one on 22.01.10 uniquely features a violin part. Is this recommended by anyone?

I'm also intending to buy Geneva 21.10.09 (to get Linda and The Dream Hasn't Changed But I Have) and City Winery 25.09.09 for Soy Captain and it looks like to get The West Side I'll have to get a download of Cafe de la Danse from 16.10.09.

Is the Geneva show a good one for those 2 songs?

Thanks for any help!

Mic

Wed May 11, 2011 12:49 pm

If I were suggesting good versions of "Whisper Of Whispers," either version from the Triple Door shows on 01/15/10 are really good with beyond awesome quality on the recordings. The evening show might make more sense as it is significantly longer. He also did a really nice version in Austin on 02/06/10 and that set is massive, at 23 tracks. He played "Linda" in Austin the night before (02/05/10).

Don't have an opinion on the Geneva gig, so someone else will have to field that part.

Wed May 11, 2011 11:13 pm
Site Admin

You can have an idea of what Linda looks like in the video section of the website among with other songs from that show.
This was a brilliant show for sure.

Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll have to access You Tube some other time posibly over the weekend but you've given me some really good info there.

Xavier - I'll PM you later as I have some news for you about a certain CD series we worked on some time ago. :wink:

Mic

Fri May 13, 2011 1:22 pm

loneliest_moon wrote:
Thanks guys for the replies. I'll have to access You Tube some other time posibly over the weekend but you've given me some really good info there.

Xavier - I'll PM you later as I have some news for you about a certain CD series we worked on some time ago. :wink:

Mic

I thought you might be a little busy over the weekend, especially 3pm tomorrow?!!

Fri May 13, 2011 2:04 pm

Mallet wrote:
loneliest_moon wrote:

Mic

I thought you might be a little busy over the weekend, especially 3pm tomorrow?!!

I am!!

Setting off for London at about 9.15am.

There's a big JA fan shouting for the opposition (Neil Williams) so I hope its a decent match with a deserving winner (playing in red and white stripes). :wink:

Fri May 13, 2011 5:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]